I was inspired today by a fabulous post from Caroline Rance on the many things that get in the way of just sitting down and writing.
I'd like to continue on where she left off and list the top 10 things that I have actually considered in my desperate (and not always fully rational) struggle to write better and write more.
Here we go:
10. Painting my office a different colour. I thought the green would inspire me, but maybe I need a warmer yellow or gold to do the trick.
9. A prettier desk. Something in a dark wood with elegant handles and many little drawers.
8. A different flavour of herbal tea to drink while I'm writing.
7. Better lighting.
6. A few days at a writer's retreat where I would stay in a small cottage near some woods and drink tea and sit under a quilt in a big comfy chair and write on my laptop all day. (Again with the tea)
5. Nicer clothes to work in. The sweatpants are comfy but not the least bit inspiring.
4. 8-10 glasses of water a day. They say it energizes you.
3. Less clutter on my desk.
2. A bulletin board with a plethora of inspirational messages written on Post-Its and clipped from important magazines and newspapers.
1. More fruits and vegetables in my diet.